- True aged LBZ: Bold flavour, deep aftertaste, thick and complex
- Dry taiwanese storage, imho slightly better than our standard natural stored version
- Choose what you pay; everything over £175 goes to Ermanno’s Phoenix Mobile Tea House fundraising
- This is a tong I was keeping for myself to age long-term but I wish to offer it for the fundraiser because…
- Our tea brother Ermanno’s tea project and all possessions burnt down
- He has lived a life of service, never trying to acquire wealth, instead he has helped countless people directly and in their projects
- He wishes to serve Puerh tea to people (for free) as a way of giving some peace, happiness and beauty to them
- We are raising money to buy him a van to live in and use as Mobile Tea House
I appreciate that there are both many that would like this tea and found it unaffordable despite the high quality (there’s not much we can do about LBZ market price), and for some others perhaps it is affordable but you already have one cake… so here’s your chance to both contribute to Ermanno’s puerh dream and/or have 1 cake of this tea for a bit less
How it works:
- You will pay £175 here (add to cart as usual)
- Make a donation on the Ermanno’s mobile tea house GoFundMe campaign (and please let us know)
- Suggested donation is £175 to arrive at the same price we usually sell it at
- If you can afford it, consider a £250 donation
- If you can’t, something around £100 is probably fair, but we trust your judgement, please exercise your generosity according to what you can afford
- This cake is normally $1100 (more than £900), our price of £350 (~$440) is already much lower than anywhere else, including directly from the producer itself
There’s more info about the tea on its page: 2005 Lao Ban Zhang Grateful Tea Factory
If you’d like to write anything for Ermanno we would be very grateful to receive it; you can do so by submitting a “review” in this page, there is a reviews tab just under the pictures and you can write there. Or on instagram @phoenixteahouse. Thank you!
7 cakes available, most will ship from late July. If you will pay less than £350 including donation, one cake only.
Robin (verified owner) –
This LBZ just very cautiously and noble reveals its strength. While brewing the leaves you feel their power in the background like a sleeping beast. A meditative tea that will teach you patience and endurance as you delve deeper and deeper into its complexity. All this combined with the aged taste of ancient tea trees. Love it!